Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gestational Diabetes

So I had my 12 week OB appointment today, everything went great.. aside from the early Glucose Tolerance Test. Apparently mommies to be who have PCOS are at a much higher risk of developing GD (Gestational Diabetes) and are routinely tested early. In my case at 12 weeks. I failed. :(

However, this is just a bump in the road and I plan to get over it with finesse. More doctor visits, daily glucose monitoring. (Sticking my finger 4 times a day.) and possibly insulin if I cannot control it with diet alone. It's all okay though, because it is going to be SO worth it come July. Mommy loves you so much Peanut!

I found this blinkie, it's perfect.
Oh! And of course the doctor listened with the doppler and found Peanut's little heart beating away at 160 bpm. <3

Oh and here is a pic of the "fantastic" *gag* stuff I had to drink for the test today...

Ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment