Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The adventures of mommy and Peanut... Oh and it's a...

I was having some decent contractions yesterday. We're not totally sure why, neither are the docs. Annnyhow.

After the nurse, trying for 20 minutes and the doctor trying for 10 minutes couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler... he ordered an Ultrasound A.S.A.P., he also asked if I had ever miscarried before. I freaked the heck out. I was already in so much pain, but the emotional pain of losing Peanut was just too much, so they got me in to Ultrasound.

The tech prepped quickly, but it seemed to take forever from my position. I was sobbing at this point, but she was finally ready. She placed the transducer on my stomach and immediately my wriggling little Peanut popped up on the screen. Talk about a breakdown, I went from sobbing with worry and fear to sobbing with happiness and relief. The poor tech had to get me to calm down so she could get to taking measurements.

Peanut's heartbeat is now going along at 135 BPM, she said it should stop slowing at this point, and the measurements put Peanut 3 days ahead... again. Although we're sticking with the current due date. Peanut's little head is measuring in the 83rd percentile! The rest of Peanut's body is between the 25th and 50th percentile lol.

Then we got to the best part... She wouldn't give me 100%, only a guess of 80% but... Peanut is a BOY! (Assuming his penis doesn't fall off before he's born :p) We'll know for certain at the 20 weeks level 2 ultrasound, but for now, I am going with it.

I didn't care if Peanut would be a boy or a girl, but now that I know he's a boy, it just seems fitting and it is. Boy, girl, boy, girl... boy. It's amazing how much I can love someone I haven't even met yet, despite doing this four times before, that rush of love seeing your baby just never gets old.

So, here are some pics. While the live show was tremendous in comparison, these pics are kind of fun too.

Profile

Crossing his legs at the calves.


I don't know about you, but it looks like a penis to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment