Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Insulin... fun?

It's official. With my fasting blood sugar numbers being well above 95 each morning, I now I have to use insulin each night before bed. It's okay though, I'd do anything to make sure this Peanut is as healthy as I can help. I'd do it for any of my children if it would somehow help them.

So, not to bad, I made it two weeks before getting insulin and my Diabetic Dr is sure I'll have to up the dosage as we go. I start out at 8 units from my pre-filled pen and increase by 2 units every 2-3 days until my fasting blood sugar is below 95. Beginning tonight I will do my first dose and we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. No fast acting? Are they not concerned about post meals? Or can you control those with diet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope just the long acting stuff. I have been doing great with my diet as far as post meal numbers show. It is just the fasting numbers they are worried about for now.

    You have so many great links on your blog that I even have some fantasic variety in my diet now.

    ReplyDelete