Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An actual endocrinologist!

My GD has gone crazy once again since the injection of the betamethasone for Bella. The steroid shot I've mentioned a time or two before to help mature Bella for birth.
(Betamethasone is also used to stimulate fetal lung maturation (prevention of IRDS), and to decrease the incidence and mortality from intracranial hemorrhage in premature infants.)

Anyhow, that stuff has driven my blood sugars WAY up so I am once again an insulin injecting momma. The nurse looked shocked when I didn't hesitate with the needle lol. It's not for me, it's for Isabella, so... it's easy.

Oh, yes, back to it. For the first time since even my PCOS diagnosis I've seen an endocrinologist and he was awesome. So, either until I have Bella or the steroid effect is no longer in effect I will be injecting insulin.

No comments:

Post a Comment