Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I want to sleep so badly. :(

I just can't seem do it. Well, I can, but not for longer than an hour at a time, 3 max if I really roll over and try to stay asleep. It's wearing on me badly. They of course offer me meds to help me sleep, but it all leaves me feeling drugged and hung over the next day, which I can't stand.

I thought for sure getting the IVs out, no more steroids, no more mag and I'd be sleeping like a baby. Apparently not so. I don't seem to be uncomfortable in any specific way, aside from maybe wishing I had a humidifier, my nose is NOT loving the dry hospital air.

I took a nice hot shower last night as soon as my IVs came off, granted I had to glove the one arm with the saline lock in it, but that isn't a big deal either way and I didn't have to sleep with it gloved. I don't think insulin would mess with my sleep, thats a naturally occurring chemical, so I just don't know.

The nurse was just in and suggests I get on a schedule. O.o yes, I'll get right on that, wasn't that you waking me up at 3am to force antibiotic pills down my throat? lol But I digress...

So, really there isn't much update wise, the mag is stopped, my body is "functional" again, for those who have been on Magnesium Sulfate, you know what I mean, for others, it's probably a bit TMI. lol Maybe having no idea when I might go into labor is making it hard to relax as well.

I am willing to take *any* hints or tips from y'all who might know how to get through. I didn't have this issue when I had PTL at 22 weeks. Okay, this post is feeling like whining, I'm sorry!

We'll see what the doc on rounds says this morning I have 3 questions written down all ready to ask. Hopefully I will have some answers next time I post.

I did get one answer this morning, I am here for the duration, no matter how long that is. Yes, this makes me a sad panda, but I'll do whatever I have to do for my baby girl. It *does* sound like I will not be going beyond 34 weeks with the fact that my water is broken. That means that it shouldn't be more than 5 weeks. No wonder I can't sleep.

One of the architectural designs at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment