Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well, that was fast... amnio set up.

I had my big day of appointments last Thursday, I had my bi-weekly OB appointment yesterday, and now my amniocentesis is set up for Tuesday the 26th. That was almost scary fast.

So, facts...

  • On 4/26/11 I will be 29 weeks 1 day.
  • If the amnio causes any issues, Bella should do okay if we need to deliver.
  • The goal of the amnio is to check Bella's chromosome 22 for immunity factors.
  • I am a wee bit nervous, but I sincerely believe they're only doing what is best. Knowing if she is going to have issues with fighting infection before (hopefully) she is born will save her extra testing and allow them to be ready to help her fight them.
I was hoping to wait until 32 weeks, but as time goes on, space gets more cramped in there. So I guess sooner rather than later is logical.

It sounds like I'll get there, meet with the genetic counselor to talk over the procedure before the procedure, have roughly an hour long U/S done, during which they will preform the amnio and then finish it off with a fetal NST (non stress test).

Yikes! But we can take it. We're tough cookies. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment