Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The first of many...

Today I began the wonderful adventure of the 17p injection. I go to the clinic once weekly 8:30am, for the next... 19 weeks I believe... maybe 18 or 20. I'll find out at my next OB appointment *or* my Peri appointment. Or both.

So, 28 finger pokes a week, assuming I get a good poke the first time. 7 insulin injections a week. 1 17p injection a week. That's 36 needles going into my skin a week. Yikes. But there is no doubt that I will do what is needed to help grow this little miss as happy and healthy as I possibly can. I love her so much already.

So, that's my update for today. Oh and the goal of the 17p shots if I haven't said so before, is to keep me from going into preterm labor. I was lucky to make it to 35 weeks with Emma and while I know they wont let me go past 38 weeks with this pregnancy, I still want to keep this little one safe and warm until she's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment