Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Taking care of big sister Emma.

Today Peanut and I will be taking care of big sister Emma before and after she has her tonsils and adenoids removed. We have the "mother load" of ice cream and popsicles for her to choose from along with a lot of pudding and jello.

We are not looking forward to surgery for big sissy to be, but we know it'll help her feel a lot better. I can tell Peanut is excited about her first time nursing, she's been kicking me all morning. That or she can feel mommy's stress. >.< Although I am trying my best to keep it to a dull roar for both my little ones. :)

Speaking of my cuties... here they are!


Thankfully we have help today so were not doing it all on our own. I have to say I wish it was at least one night in the hospital. I think that's the most nerve wracking part is bringing her right home and keeping her comfortable and safe and making recovery as smooth as we possibly can.

Babies and children should come with an attached warning sticker that surgical maintenance may be required. This is my second time seeing a child through surgery. Not that I'd put them back knowing in advance, but.. knowing in advance may have it's benefits? Then again... if I didn't know this was today... I just might not be so very darn nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment