Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Monday, May 2, 2011

30 weeks!

We've made it to the official 30 week mark and today also marks 1 full week since my water broke! According to the statistics I was given, each additional day Bella is kept in my tummy is 3 days less that she would have to spend in the NICU. So... 7 days pregnant beyond water breaking, times 3 days per day... that's 21 days less that Bella would have to spend in the NICU now, versus had she been born last week. 

Heck, we've made it 8 weeks past the start of preterm labor which had started at 22 weeks! While I know that ultimately I have little to no control whether she is born early or not, I feel good that I am doing the right things to try to ensure this little one the best start I can give her.

If I ever hear anyone say this stuff is easy... I think I'm going to have to be restrained though lol! I have to say that what I've been through with this pregnancy, by FAR trumps anything I've dealt with in previous pregnancies. And time in bed and in the hospital... omg... 8 weeks, with the possibility of not 4... but 6 more weeks here. I found out just yesterday that if I don't deliver before 36 weeks, they wont induce me until then, rather than the typical 34 weeks that they'd induce at with a typical baby and broken water situation.

One day at a time, each day bringing us a healthier Bella baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment