Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's rare that the Doc freaks out and the mom is calm...

But it happened today. I was doing my own thing, cleaning up my room, just being a little more active than usual. Yes, I am on bedrest, but they allow for some things like going outside, showering and chilling in the common area for a bit.

Well I think cleaning my room today might have been a bit ambitious (they need to make a way for bedresting mommies to cope with the need to nest!) and caused me to have some minor contractions. Not enough to worry me, they weren't strong, but since they were regular they freaked the Peri on-call out. She had me moved up to L&D, put on magnesium sulfate again (this time for Bella's brain.) and has me now on non stop monitoring. Oh, she also told me no more eating and drinking. UHG! lol

So, here I am, 5 hours later. The contractions long gone, but I lost my antepartum room, I feel like poop and I am down right crabby after hearing other babies being born. I want to meet Bella, just not yet, and hearing others meeting their babies doesn't make my bedrest any easier.

I was finally settling into my room and accepting the fact that I am in the hospital for the long run and now this.  Well, I guess I can't say it hasn't been interesting! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment