Isabella Michele Due 7/11/2011

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I don't think I've ever felt so pregnant.

Being so hyper aware of every little thing with this pregnancy has made it seem like I've been pregnant a lifetime. I honestly don't remember any pregnancy putting me through my paces like this one is. Once again, I wouldn't change it for anything. Maybe if I could just sleep and nap better, but as anyone who has ever been in the hospital knows, those things are just not so easy to do.

I can't remember if I updated or not, but I am back to 4 injects of insulin a day now. Those are fun. I also have 7 glucose checks a day. It's enough to make my head spin. I am however glad I have Dr. Mulmed to guide me through the changes and watch over them. He's one of the best things to come out of this hospital stay.

I am so blessed!
So today was boring, until mom showed up with Cheyenne, Blake and Emma in tow. It was SO nice to see *most* of my kids and of course being the day before Mother's day I got cards, gifts and lots of love. It was also a day of pretty cool moments. Isabella was feeling feisty today and kicking like crazy. Everyone got a turn to get kicked, however, Chey got the first and the biggest kick, it brought tears to her eyes instantly. As a mom, that was a very special moment to witness. One more reminder of why I am so willing to go through all of this. I am a lucky mom and daughter. On top of the nice feeling of receiving gifts, my hospital room now has a very cheery spot in it and some wonderful family memories! I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and look over at the cards, gifts and flowers and simply think about today.

Let's see... pregnancy wise... I am 30 weeks 5 days today and I've been in the hospital for 12 days. Getting really close to 31 weeks! I did have the opportunity to go over the "NICU Book" that they provide on this floor to help prepare families for babies that need extra help. I was able to go through it with the kids and show them what they might see when visiting Bella for the first little while.  (The while of course depending on how long I am able to go without labor. Her outcome looks brighter every minute of every hour of every day I am able to continue carrying her.

So, my overall outlook is a little brighter, my overall mood is a little better and I still anxiously await the passing of time to properly greet this newest blessing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment